YOU KNOW EVERY PEOPLE GROUP HAS THEM. WE AS YOUTH PASTOR/WORKER/LEADERS HAVE THEM TOO. THOSE PESKY GENERALIZATIONS AND STEREOTYPES ABOUT WHO WE ARE AND HOW WE ACT?!!
WHAT IS EVEN WORSE IS WHEN THEY ARE KIND OF TRUE.MAYBE???
10. Driving a Beat Up Mini-Van (I know it’s your swagger wagon…you just keep telling yourself that?)
9. Wearing Your College Hoodie All the Time. (if you are in the pool at camp, you are allowed to take it off?)
8. Hanging Out at Starbucks (or the local hipster coffee place) “Reading” and “Studying”? (really, all the time reading and studying and that is what you came up with this week for a lesson?)
7. Rocking the Sweet Church Staff Polo? (under the hoodie? Yep, it is the official church staff polo! Unless your church has a Polo Team….)
6. Using Outdated Slang Terms and Catchphrases in Your Lesson?! (NO, God did not say “It is Lit” on day one of creation,… Jesus did not take his donkey to the old Jeruslem town road…)
5. Shaved Head to Disguise Baldness? (you’re not fooling anybody)
4. “Trying” to Pull Off Wearing Skinny Jeans? (You’re not…ummm…it is in the name? Also see #3, below)
3. The Pizza Pooch? (no not your dog, the growing bulge under your one size too small polo…)
2. Referring to your Seminary Education at Least Once a Lesson? (unless your church is in Greece, none of your middle school girls know Greek or….. care!?)
1. Carrying Your Oversized I-Phone in Your Hand with You Everywhere? (once again if you are at camp and in the pool you can put it down, it is okay your Apple I-Speedo proves you are hip and relevant!??)