TEACHING ON THE TOPIC OF LIGHT AND LOOKING FOR A GREAT OBJECT LESSON TO ILLUSTRATE THE POINT?
- You will need a solar-powered dashboard flower—the kind that dances and moves when exposed to light—and a small piece of solid tape. You will be illustrating that God is spiritual light and that His light brings us to spiritual life, just as physical light brings and maintains physical life.
- Consider using the passages, 1 John 1:5-7; John 18:12; or another passage that talks about God’s light. After reading the passage you’ve selected, explain the above idea: “…God is spiritual light, and His light brings us to spiritual life just as physical light brings and maintains physical life…”
- Hold up your flower, or place it on an elevated surface so the audience can see it. Make sure it is not moving. As you talk and explain that light gives life, remove the tape from the solar panel (usually at the base of the toy). In a couple of seconds, the flower will begin to dance and “come to life” after being exposed to the light, thereby illustrating the biblical concept.
- Here is an additional suggested lesson outline you might consider using following the acrostic:
- L, Life: 1 John 1:3-4
- I, Inspiration: Ezekiel 9:8
- G, Guidance: Job 29:3
- H, Heat: Daniel 2:22
- T, Truth: Psalm 119:105, 130
Originally Written for: