I LOVE MY CHURCHES. OVER THE YEARS, THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SO INCREDIBLY GRACIOUS AND KIND TO ME AND MY FAMILY, ALL YEAR AROUND BUT ESPECIALLY DURING OCTOBER!
I AM HOWEVER CONTINUED TO BE AMAZING…AND SOMETIMES AMUSED (sorry for your pain) BY SOME OF THE STORIES I HEAR FROM OTHER PASTORS DURING “PASTORS APPRECIATION MONTH’ EACH YEAR. SO JUST FOR SOME RAN-DUMB FUN, SO WE CAN ALL LAUGH… HERE IS “TOP 10: PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH…FAILS?”
10. Unfreeze last year’s leftover Christmas Cookies For a Lovely Cookie Tray in OCTOBER!? (*real person story from my own past growing up in a pastor’s home)
9. Buy Him a Book, That YOU Think He Should Read (yes, I know that “Left Behind” took place in 2018, Kurt Cameron also turns 50 this year, and there will be a Blood Moon on His Birthday! )
8. Make a Mix CD of the Speakers and Pastors From Other Churches, That He REALLY Should Hear! (“Have you heard____, they have really been feeding me on the weeks my family and I can’t make it out (*out of bed) on Sunday….”)
7. Handmade Doilies for His Office. (the cool hand knitted pulpit cover was great last year!)
6. A Personalized Coffee Mug of His Favorite Church Family-YOURS!
5. A Gift Card to a Gym (looking a little tubby, upfront aren’t we…)
4. A NEW CAR…phone! (since he can’t afford a real cellphone, but at least you can call him when he is driving on a family vacation?)
3. A Tie. (no not the one for around his neck, a zip tie for his pants…seriously gym gift card last year *hint*)
2. Date Night…with you are your spouse! (nothing says romance like having a double date with you!)
1. A Year Subscription to the Sock of the Month Club!?
(**no seriously, all the cool hipster pastors are wearing cool socks!…https://www.sockclub.com)