HERE IS A QUICK CLASSIC YOUTH MINISTRY GAME, THAT YOU CAN SHARE WITH YOUR STUDENTS AND PARENT, FOR SOME AT-HOME FUN DURING OUR CURRENT “STAY AT HOME TIME”.
– A large drawing pad or whiteboard
– A Couple markers (dry erase if using whiteboard)
– A Large Bandana
– Divide the whole group (family) into 2 teams, based on the sides of the room. Any size youth group (family) can play. In the front of the room place drawing pad/whiteboard, somewhere both teams can see it well. You may have to turn it toward the playing team. If you are playing in a large room with a large group, place the drawing board on a stage or elevated area. (front of the living room)
– Have the bandana and markers available upfront near the drawing area
– Simple easy game to play, it is an easy, challenging, but funny twist on the classic game of “Pictionary”. Each team will take turns sending up an “artist”. The artist instead of drawing with their hands will draw with their feet, by having the marker tied to one of their feet with the bandana. On “Go” the player will try their best to draw the assigned picture, while the rest of their team tries to guess the picture.
– Keep the assigned pictures simple, as it will be difficult to even draw the simplest things and make them recognizable-maybe even purchase and use “Junior Pictionary” for suggested words and categories, or use this website: https://randomwordgenerator.com/pictionary.php
– Give each team 30 seconds up to 1 minute to guess, not much longer in order to keep the game moving.
– Save your pictures and hang them somewhere, or snap a couple the great ones and post them to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, see if parents or other friends can guess what the are?