Do you ever have THAT moment? You know the one, where you are driving down the road and you are completely lost. You are desperately looking for a sign, any sign. Something to tell you what is coming up next and also some hint of where you are.
I don’t know about you but I have had those moments in youth ministry and in my career. Whether it be in youth ministry direction, family decisions, continued education or even church setting. If you are at the point, have been at the point, or will be at the point soon…Here a little food for thought.
God actually provides us with signs on our journey down the road of life. We sometimes don’t think about some of these signs as signs but He has given them to us. Unlike the Israelites in the wilderness, we do not get a pillar of cloud and pillar of fire, but we do get some really good help along the way. I would challenge you to read through: I Thessalonians 5:12-28 for yourself, especially pray over verse 18, and then consider these 12 “Signs for Finding God’s Will”…
1. God’s Word: II Tim. 3:16
2. Godly Mature Counsel/Teachers: Prov. 15:22
3. Friends/Relationship/Body of Christ: I Thess. 5:11-18
4. Prioritize/Kingdom First Thinking: Matt. 6:32-34
5. Involvement in Serving: Gal. 5:13-16
6. Attitude/Thinking: Rom. 12:1-2
7. Prayer: Rom. 1:9-10
8. Circumstances: Phil. 4:10-13
9. Common Sense: Ecc. 10:3
10. Spiritual Discernment/ Wisdom: Col. 1:9-10, Phil. 1:9-11
11. Experiences: Prov. 15:22
12. God’s Calling: II Thess. 1:11-12
Blessings on your continued journey and the road ahead. My prayer is that you find “God’s Good and Perfect Will” in your life and ministry. I would love to know where you at and how we can pray for each other.