- A large number of bananas (at least 30-40)
- Scoop ball scoops
- 4 Baseball bases
- An Outdoor area
- Quick explanation: This is a messy game of baseball using bananas and a scoop ball scoop as bats
Before the Game:
- Pull bunches of bananas apart
- Set up baseball bases and playing area
- Divide the group up into 2 large teams
- Give the “quick explanation”
- Decide which team will be “batting” first and which team will be “fielding”
- The batting player is given a scoop ball scoop with a banana inside of it.
- The batter must throw the banana using the scoop.
- If the banana is not caught, they can run the bases as usual.
- Bananas are used as long as possible until they are completely destroyed
- Continue on as long as your banana supplies last or 9 innings.
- There is no pitching involved.
- Usual wiffleball style baseball rules apply unless you would like to create your own “house rules”
- Usual 3 out rules apply. Outs are when the banana is caught off of a batter, bases are tagged up before the runner touches.
- You can decide if you would like to allow the banana to be thrown at a player running between bases to get them out.
The winning team is the team that scores the most runs.