– 2 big mixing bowls
– 2-4 gallons of milk (or water)
– 2-4 boxes of Lucky Charms cereal
– Green food coloring
– 2-4 teaspoons
– 2-4 small bowls (cereal/soup size)
– (optional): drop cloth
– (optional): stopwatch or digital screen countdown clock
Quick Explanation: Players will have to retrieve marshmallows out of a big bowl of Lucky Charm cereal.
Before the Game:
– Pour the milk (water) and the green food coloring into one large bowl. Wait until right before the game to pour in cereal.
– Place the bowl in the front of the room on the floor of a stage or place it on an elevated surface (table)
– Choose 2-4 volunteers to come to the front
– Hand each volunteer a spoon and a smaller bowl
– Pour in the cereal, as you give the “quick explanation”
– Have each player put the spoon in their mouth.
– Explain scoring: marshmallows count for 2 points, regular cereal subtracts 1 point.
– On “GO!” players have 60 seconds to retrieve as many marshmallows as possible and put them in their bowl
– After 60 seconds, tally up the score of each player
Winner: Is the person that has the most points.
Group Game (alternative):
Make it into a relay race, by creating 2 big bowls of “stew”, dividing into 2 teams, and giving everyone a spoon. Have teams race down to a bowl, retrieve a marshmallow and bring it back to their team’s bowl.